I was thinking people might be interested in news on the maturation of tech that is going to build an Ethereum 2.0 client, but I see how it can be misleading since there's not discussion about Ethereum 2.0 in the article. If you're interested in more context, Robert Habermeier's "Shasper on Substrate" Devcon talk goes into the details of the plan: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJCezRzaXg](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJCezRzaXg)
A few projects have started to work with it! Example projects already building on Substrate:
* Polkadot - Polkadot Relay Chain.
* Shasper - Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain implementation.
* ChainX - cross-chain digital asset management platform.
* Edgeware - incentivised testnet for active governance.
* AdEx - AdEx protocol implementation.
Nice overview of Substrate here: https://github.com/w3f/Web3-wiki/wiki/Substrate